3D PhotoBench 160
3D PhotoBench 160 - 360 Degree Product Photos Light Box
Product photography is a lot easier and faster when you take pictures that already have a pure white background. This computer-controlled product photography studio shoots still images (JPG/PNG/RAW up to 13 x 13 x 22”) and 360 degree product photos (HTML5/Flash) with pure white backgrounds. By combining high quality, dimmable LED lights with a built in motorized transparent rotational platform (33 lbs. capacity), a compatible Canon or Nikon DSLR camera and image creation software the entire photography workflow can be simplified and streamlined. Anyone can use the 3D PhotoBench 160 to create professional results with pure white and transparent backgrounds. It makes product photography simple and efficient.
- Software Controlled 34.2” x 30.0” x 36.6” Photography Studio
- Take pictures and 360 degree product photos with pure white backgrounds
- Take pictures and 360 degre product photos with transparent backgrounds
- Automatic Image Capture & Batch Image Processing
- Embedded 17.5” Transparent Rotational Platform Holds up to 33 lbs.
- Dimmable, daylight LED Studio Lighting (Lit from Bottom, Back & 4 Corners)
- Professional Still (JPG/RAW) and 360-Degree (HTML5, Flash) Results
- Create 24 frame 360 product views (from beginning to end) in less than 3 minutes per product
- Easy to Learn and Use - No Experience Necessary
- Fully Compatible with Most Canon and Nikon DSLR Cameras. Any camera with shutter release capability can be used for automated 360 image capture
- Includes Ortery TruView 360 for stitching 360 animations with deep zoom and image tags
- Free Technical Support, One-year Warranty, One-year Free Software Upgrades
Important Note: Using a Timing Belt to Drive a Glass Turntable is Ortery's Patent Worldwide
Practically Eliminate Photoshop from your Product Photography Workflow!
Anyone can use it to create professional stills and 360 degree product photos with pure white or transparent backgrounds.
How It Works:
|Enclosed Photography Studio with Built-in lights||Open Photography Bench for use with any lights|
3D PhotoBench 160 features professional studio lighting (LED), a built-in motorized transparent platform and PhotoBench image creation software . When used with a compatible Canon or Nikon DSLR camera, 3D PhotoBench 160 users are able to efficiently capture, compose, process and output professional still and 360 degree product photos with pure white (RAW/JPG) or tranparent (PNG) backgrounds ready for use in any application.
34.2 x 30 x 36.6” Photography Studio
Embedded Transparent Photography Turntable
The built-in transparent turntable (16.5” diameter, 30 lbs. capacity) features a patented ‘no-center’ drive design. Allows users to automate 360 image capture to create 360 degree product photos with pure white backgrounds in HTML5 and Flash formats. Takes between 4 and 360 pictures per revolution with the ability to custom define any sequence.
- Take Pictures with a Pure White Background – Simply place a product inside, compose the picture while previewing in real time on the monitor, pre-crop, and then click Snap. The image is automatically downloaded and displayed on the monitor screen within 2 seconds for viewing and processing. Batch processing available for multiple images.
- Take 360 Degree Product Photos with Pure White Background - Capture between 4 and 360 individual images per rotation. The 360 image capture process is completely automated via USB as the software synchronizes picture taking and turntable movement. Captured images can be exported or directly composed in the software to create interactive 360 degree product photos in HTML5 and Flash formats.
- Take Custom Defined Image Sequences with Pure White Backgrounds – Use the studio, turntable, multiple cameras and the Custom Define features to automatically create custom sequences of still photos. For example, use the system to automatically take 5 pictures of an item from the sides and top. Once the sequence is created, it can be re-used.
- Take Pictures with Transparent Background - Using the Auto PNG features, pictures can be automatically captured and proecessed to separate the object from its background then displayed ona transparent background in PNG file format.
- Take 360 Product Views with Transparent Background - Using the Auto PNG feature, 360 degree product photos can be automatically captured, processed and displayed on a transparent background in PNG file format.
Professional LED Lighting
Professional photography starts with great lighting. 3D PhotoBench 160 offers professional lighting for taking high quality color-accurate product photos. It utilizes high color rendering LED lights that illuminate objects evenly from the corners, back and bottom, completely eliminating the need for editing. Lights are dimmable via software.
Users have the ability to capture and output JPG, PNG and RAW images.
Easy to Use
3D PhotoBench 160 is designed for users of any skill level. In just minutes, users are able to set up the studio, install the software and get started capturing still images and creating 360 product views with pure white backgrounds.
Makes Photography Fast & Efficient
By integrating the image creation and processing workflows with software, users are able to eliminate many tedious, time consuming tasks common to the standard product photography workflow. Compose, capture and batch save still shots that do not require background removal in just seconds. Create 24 frame 360 product views (from beginning to end) in less than 3 minutes per product. PhotoBench 260 is the ultimate production tool. No project is too large or too small.
Top Shot & Side Shot Capability
Users have the ability to shoot either through the front using a tripod or from the top down.
Auto PNG - Take Product Shots and 360 Product Views on Transparent Backgrounds
Turn Auto PNG On to take pictures and automatically knockout the background in real-time. The sophisticated edge detection technology generates a PNG file where the object has been removed from its background and is displayed on a transparent background.
- Transparent background can be replaced with a background of any color or design
- Optimized settings can be reused to increase throughput and productivity
- The Auto Trimming and Smoothing feature ensures a smooth crisp product edge after background removal
Simultaneously control and take pictures with multiple Canon DSLR cameras attached to the system. Use the Custom Define feature, built in turntable and multiple cameras to quickly create the sequence of images you need.
Includes Ortery TruView 360 Software
Take your 360 degree product photos to the next level. TruView 360 composes individual JPG images into interactive 360 product views (HTML5, Flash and Silverlight) that feature high resolution images, click and drag mouse control, deep zoom, image tagging, auto demonstrate features and optimized for download times for computer and mobile viewing.
Free Technical Support, One-Year Free Software Upgrades & One-Year Warranty
Large Live Preview
The software displays camera live view as a real-time preview on the computer monitor. In the real time preview, users can make camera, lighting and crop adjustments to compose the image and see the result before the image is captured. This feature is also great to ensure there are no hot spots or reflections and that objects are centered correctly on the turntable before shooting a 360 product view.
Use the real time preview to set crop markers before taking still or 360 degree product photos. Pictures are automatically cropped as they are captured, eliminating the need for post production. Crop can be set as:
- Free Form – Adjust crop as required
- Fixed Ratio – Pre-define an aspect ratio that will constrain the crop to a specific size (ex. 4 x 3)
- Square – Crop in a perfect square
This feature allows users to overlay a transparent image of a previous shot on the Preview to ensure that future shots are all taken at the same, consistent angle.
When activated, this feature will highlight the parts of the picture you are about to take that will be pure white in the final output.
Auto, Manual & Fixed Focus
Users have the ability to autofocus, adjust focus manually on the camera or through the software while viewing a real time preview. Manual focus can be set once and applied to a set of images in the 360 mode.
Shutter Release Capability
For 360 image capture, the turntable can be connected directly to any camera with shutter release capability. In this configuration, picture taking is automated and controlled through the software at each angle with images being saved to the camera memory card. Depending on camera type a special cord may be required from Ortery.
Includes single or batch color correction tools (including Levels*, Curves*, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation & Sharpness) and an image masking tool that allows users to select and change background color to pure white or any other color. The batch auto correct tool does an excellent job. Image editing in the MAC software only supports single image editing (includes Exposure, Contrast, Saturation, Temperature, Tint, Sepia, Sharpness)
Still Image Saving
Save images at low or high resolution (72/150/300 DPI) for a wide variety of applications. This feature includes batch image naming, resizing, watermarking and FTP transfer.
Create and re-use custom saving profiles to batch save images in several formats. Options include:
- File name - Assign specific names using extremely flexible naming formulas
- File format –Still - JPG and RAW
- Still Shot Magnifier – Still images can be saved in HTML5 or Flash format with a built in Magnifier for viewing image details at 3X magnification
- Save Location - Batch save images to one or more folders simultaneously
- Image Size - Each image can be independently resized
- Resolution – 72, 150 or 300 DPI
- Batch Edit – Auto apply image editing presets
- *Watermarking – Apply text or logo watermarks to images for increased protection and marketing
- Annotations – Include or restrict annotations in the final saved image
A practical use for this feature is to simultaneously save captured images as a thumbnail, product shot, oversized product shot and as the original master – to different folders with different names, sizes and with other unique features.
Individual Frame Export/Import in 360 Mode
The individual JPG and/or RAW images captured in 360 can be exported for use in any application. JPG or PNG* images can then be imported back in for stitching into an interactive 360 view in HTML5 or Flash. During the import images can be batch re-sized and watermarked with a customized logo.
360 Product View Types
Several types of HTML5 and Flash outputs can be created.
- Auto Play – Always spinning with click-and-drag mouse control
- Spin Once – Spins once to get customer’s attention, then click-and-drag mouse control
- Static – This animation only moves when moved with mouse control
- Standard Viewer – Features play, pause, next frame and previous frame buttons. Users can select from 4 button styles or create their own (HTML5 only)
- Dual Animation – By moving an object as it rotates (ex. Camera view finder pop out as camera rotates)
- Magnifier – A magnifier can be added to any animation type to view the object at 3X magnification from any angle
- *Watermarked – Watermarks can be added to any animation type
- Rotational Inertia – this gesture control allows the user to flick an animation in either direction to have the animation speed up then slowly return to its original spin rate
- *Add Frames – Create hot spots in the 360 view that indicate additional information or movement
For each animation, the user has full control over the starting frame, rotation speed and spin direction.
Users are able to specify, set and save a sequence of images to be shot. Sequences can be re-used and utilize more than one Canon camera placed in different locations.
Three Shooting Modes
Users have the ability to rotate their items clockwise or counterclockwise and shoot in three different photography modes:
- Continuous – Software communicates back and forth between camera and turntable through USB to automate image capture (turn, stop, snap, …)
- Time Lapse – Users can specify an amount of time to wait before the camera snaps the image at each angle. This feature is ideal for: Shooting with strobes or for items that need to settle or stop moving before the next picture is taken.
- Manual – Users can manually snap images using the mouse at each individual angle
In addition to creating 360 product views, 3D PhotoBench 160 can also create 180, 120 and 90 degree product views. Users choose the number of pictures to capture over the spin rage selected.
Each captured JPG image/frame can be annotated with text and drawings as well as batch edited, printed or sent by email inside the software. A useful example would be an 8 frame animation with annotations that discuss product development information on each frame.
Mobile Optimized 360 Product Views
HTML5 animations can be viewed from any computer, cell phone or tablet. Animations include dynamic resizing, optimized load times and gesture (touch and drag) control.
Individual JPG images can be watermarked immediately after capture or when imported back in prior to 360 product view composition. Users can upload a logo or chose from a preset. Watermarking is a great way for businesses to brand and protect the animations they create. This feature is also great for the professional who wishes to send proofs to the customer.
Free Technical Support, One-Year Free Software Upgrades & One-Year Warranty
Compatible Cameras: Most Canon and Nikon cameras are compatible with this product. Compatible Camera List
A 34.2” x 30” x 36.6” computer-controlled light box
Built-in turntable and transparent platform
System Installation CD with Control Software and User Guide
Ortery TruView 360 – 360° Image Authoring Software
Accessories: Power cable, USB cable, 2 Spare 26” LED lamps, 2 Spare 24.8” LED lamps, Reflective wall cover, #24 Wrench, Removable adhesive, Installation and Operation Guides, Self-adhesive arrows and 2 Camera mount sponges.
Dimensions (L x W x H)
34.2" x 30" x 36.6"
Maximum Target Size
16.5" x 16.5"
16.5" x 16.5" x 22.8"
11" x 11" x 22"
Max. Object Weight
OS: Windows 7 / Windows 8 (latest Service Packs) and Windows 10 compatibility (Administrator Account for all Windows OS)
CPU: Intel CoreTM 2 Duo E6600 (2.2 GHz) or AMD Athlon 64 X 25000 + (2.6GHz) or better
RAM: 4 GB VGA: Min. 1024 x 768, True color
Internet connection with active email account (optional)
CD / DVD ROM drive