Photosimile 400 - 360 Photo Light Box
Take your own professional photos and 360 product views of large products, mannequins and models with this computer-controlled photography system.
Photosimile 400 features professional studio lighting, a built-in motorized turntable and Photosimile image creation software. When used with a compatible Canon or Nikon DSLR camera, users are able to efficiently compose, capture, process and save professional still and 360 product images for any web or print application.
- Self-Contained 42.8 x 41.5 x 96.5” Studio for large object photography
- Consistently Create Professional Still (JPG/RAW) and 360-Degree (HTML5, Flash) Results – No experience Necessary
- Simple to Use - Place an object inside, preview it, zoom and compose then click Snap. The picture automatically downloads and appears on your monitor screen in seconds
- Built-in PhotoCapture 360M photography turntable (200 lbs. capacity)
- Software Controls Everything - studio lighting, camera settings, picture taking, turntable movement and streamlines all image processing workflows
- Patented Symmetrical Lighting
- Dimmable Lighting - daylight-balanced lighting from the top, four corners and back
- Built-in backlight panel helps achieve pictures with pure white backgrounds
- Creates PNG Images with background automatically removed
- Perfect for Mannequins, Models, eCommerce, print, quality control, product development and daily business communication
Photosimile 400 is All in One Solution that gives you creative control, generates professional results, speeds up the photography workflow and provides years of savings
Self Contained, Controlled Lighting.
Turn it On and Take Professional Still and 360 Product Views
Built-in Turntable Holds up to 200 lbs.
Perfect for Spinning Mannequins and Models
Quickly take pictures and 360 animations and immediately put them to use. Photosimile 400 offers the best photography workflow available.
42.8 x 41.5 x 96.5” photography studio, built in turntable and a compatible Canon or Nikon dSLR camera (sold separate) are connected to a computer via USB.
Embedded Photography Turntable
The embedded PhotoCapture 360M turntable allows users to create 360 product views. Supporting a 22" platform and a 200 lbs. weight capacity, PhotoCapture 360M fully automates image capture and stitching to create interactive 360 product shots in HMTL5 and Flash formats. Interactive product animations are proven to increase eCommerce conversion rates.
Software Controls Everything:
Lighting, picture taking, turntable movement, image processing, batch saving, image stitching and more. It streamlines and simplifies the complete workflow.
MAC and PC-Controlled Photography - Using a computer to take pictures simplifies and automates product photography. Photosimile 400 offers profiling and batch processing capabilities to streamline image editing and saving. In addition, Large Live Preview, AfterImage, Multiple Camera Control, and Auto PNG are just a few of the other computer based features that speed up the workflow.
Professional photography starts with great lighting. In addition to Ortery’s patented lighting method, front, top and back lights are also dimmable and can be controlled (on/off). Two unique ways to light objects:
- Traditional: Features Ortery’s patented symmetrical lighting method to consistently produce shadow-free and color accurate photos.
- Backlit: Puts more light on the object and is capable of creating product shots with pure white backgrounds
From Lighting to 360 Animations… ONE PROGRAM DOES IT ALL
Through integration, the entire photography workflow (still and 360) has been simplified and automated. No project is too large or too small. Easily take 1,000s of web-ready still shots per week and over one hundred 360’s per day.
In addition to JPG and RAW output, Photosimile 400 is also capable of creating PNG images with transparent backgrounds.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
The knowledge to obtain professional photographs and 360 animations is built into the system. Photosimile 400 allows any office employee to take professional photographs.
Save Money and Obtain Professional Results
With Photosimile 400 you have control over how and when the images get shot.
Step 1Connect compatible camera and Photosimile 400 light box to a MAC or PC computer via USB. Put the studio in PC-Control Mode and launch the Photosimile software to turn on the studio
Place item(s) inside the light box. Click Preview in the software to view them on your monitor screen in real-time.
Compose picture with Lamp Controls, Zooming, "Camera Settings", "Crop" and "Rotate" commands. Advanced camera settings such as Aperture, Shutter Speed, Exposure, ISO and more can be controlled directly through the software.
Click "Snap" in the software to take pictures in JPG or RAW formats. I stopped here
Pictures are automatically sent from camera to computer via USB for immediate viewing, batch editing and saving.
Creating 360-degree Animations
1. Place an item on the turntable
Use software to:
- ‘Preview’ the item on your monitor screen in real-time
- Rotate the turntable / item 360 degrees
- While the object rotates, adjust position and compose using camera settings and crop commands
2. Enter the animation file name & file size. Select how many pictures (4 to 360) to take over one revolution
3. Choose animation speed, spin direction and shooting type (continuous, manual or time lapse
4. Press "Start"
5. Software, camera and turntable work in unison to automatically capture, crop and download the images
6. Confirm image quality and re-take if necessary. Turntable will automatically turn to the correct position, re-shoot and replace the original image
7. Resulting images can be exported as JPG or RAW files, sent via email, printed, annotated, edited or stitched in the software. Stitching the images results in 360-degree animations in HTML5 or Flash format
8. Post animation online, save locally or send via email
Photosimile 400 features professional studio lighting, a built-in motorized turntable and Photosimile image creation software. When used with a compatible Canon or Nikon DSLR camera, Photosimile 400 users are able to efficiently compose, capture, process and save high quality still and 360 product images that are ready for use in any web or print application.
42.8 x 41.5 x 96.5” Photography Studio
Ideal for shooting small and large objects up to 32 x 36 x 59”. The studio is made of brushed aluminum that ships in two pieces - top and bottom. Assembly and software installation are fast and easy.
MAC and Windows Compatible
Automated JPG and RAW Image Capture
Embedded Photography Turntable
Built-in PhotoCapture 360M turntable (22” diameter, 200 lbs. capacity) allows users to automate 360 image capture and processing to create 360 product views in HTML5 and Flash formats. Automatically capture between 4 and 360 pictures per revolution.
The Photosimile 400 software controls and automates every aspect of the photography, processing and stitching workflows. Though USB connections to the studio and compatible camera, users can control camera, lighting and turntable settings then take pictures with their mouse.
Still Image Photography
Simply place an object inside the studio. Preview the object using live preview on your monitor screen. Compose by adjusting position and camera settings. Click Snap to take the picture. The image is automatically downloaded to the computer to the computer monitor for immediate viewing, editing and saving.
- Traditional: Ortery’s patented symmetrical lighting creates color accurate, shadow-free photos
- Backlit: Turn on the backlight to potentially create side shots featuring a pure white background
Professional 360 Imaging
Simply place an object in the center of the turntable. Capture between 4 and 360 individual images per rotation. The 360 image capture process is completely automated via USB as software synchronizes picture taking and turntable movement. Captured images can be exported or directly stitched in the software to create interactive 360 product views in HTML5, Flash or GIF formats.
Still Sequence Photography
Use the studio, software and multiple compatible cameras to quickly create a sequence of still photos from multiple angles.
Precise, Repeatable Angles
Computer-controlled automation allows for maximum efficiencies and precise shooting angles every time.
Professional photography starts with great lighting. Photosimile 300 provides dimmable light control from the top, front and back wall. Regardless of photography experience, you have creative control to take consistent, color-accurate, shadow-free photos. The studio utilizes 14 daylight (6,500K) fluorescent bulbs to almost eliminate the need for image editing. Each lamp lasts 15,000 hours.
Easy to Use
Photosimile 400 is designed for users of any skill level. In just minutes, users are able to setup the studio, install the software and get started capturing still images and creating 360 product views. Lighting, camera and saving settings can be memorized and re-used to obtain consistent results time after time.
Fast & Efficient
By integrating the image capture, processing and saving workflows in the Software, users are able to eliminate many tedious, time consuming tasks that are common to the normal product photography workflow. Compose, capture and batch save still shots in just seconds. Create 24 frame 360 product views (from beginning to end) in less than 5 minutes per product. Photosimile 300 is an excellent production tool. No project is too large or too small.
Top Shot & Side Shot Capability
Users have the ability to shoot either through the front using a tripod or from the top down.
Simultaneously control and take pictures with multiple Canon DSLR cameras attached to the system. Use the Custom Define feature, built in turntable and multiple cameras to quickly create the sequence of images you need.
Free Technical Support, One-Year Free Software Upgrades & One-Year Warranty
Large Live Preview
The software displays camera live view as a real-time preview on the computer monitor. In the real time preview, users can make camera, lighting, object position and crop adjustments to compose the picture while viewing the results live before taking any pictures. The real-time preview is also great at ensuring there are no hot spots or reflections and that objects are centered correctly on the turntable before shooting a 360 or 3D product view.
Pre-Crop – Use the real time preview to set crop markers before taking still or 360 degree images. Pictures are automatically cropped as they are captured, eliminating the need for post-production.
Crop can be set as:
- Free Form – Adjust crop as required
- Fixed Ratio – Pre-define an aspect ratio that will constrain the crop to a specific size (ex. 4 x 3)
- Square – Crop in a perfect squar
This feature allows users to overlay a transparent image of a previous shot on the Preview to ensure that future shots are all taken at the same, consistent angle.
When activated, this feature will highlight the parts of the picture that will be pure white in the final output.
Image Editing – Includes a single or batch color correction tools (including Levels, Curves, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation and Sharpness) and an image masking tool that allows users to select and change background color. Image editing in theMAC software supports single image editing (includes Exposure, Contrast, Saturation, Temperature, Tint, Sepia & Sharpness)
Still Image Saving - Save images at low or high resolution (72/150/300 DPI) for a wide variety of applications. This feature includes batch image naming, resizing, watermarking and FTP transfer.
Create and re-use custom saving profiles to batch save images in several formats. Options include:
- File name - Assign specific names using extremely flexible naming formulas
- File format –Still - JPG and RAW
- Still Shot Magnifier – Still images can be saved in HTML5 or Flash format with a built in Magnifier for viewing image details at 3X magnification
- Save Location - Batch save images to one or more folders simultaneously
- Image Size - Each image can be independently resized
- Resolution – 72, 150 or 300 DPI
- Batch Edit – Auto apply image editing presets
- *Watermark – Apply text or logo watermarks to images for increased protection and marketing
- *Annotate – Include or restrict annotations in the final saved image
A practical use for this feature is to simultaneously save captured images as a thumbnail, product shot, oversized product shot and as the original master – to different folders with different names, sizes and with other unique features.
*Direct Image Export
Enabling this feature means captured images can be instantly renamed, resized, set to a specific resolution and watermarked before being immediately saved to local or network folder or opened inside Photoshop or some other image editing program.
*Send Images by eMail
Captured image(s) can be instantly attached to an outgoing email. This feature, combined with image annotations, makes an excellent business communication tool.
Individual Frame Export / Import in 360 Mode
The individual JPG and/or RAW images captured in 360 can be exported for use in any application. JPG or PNG* images can then be imported back in for stitching into an interactive 360 view in HTML5 or Flash. During the import images can be batch re-sized and watermarked with a customized logo.
Integrated 360 Stitching in HTML5, GIF or Flash
Capture then instantly stitch the images into a 360 product view in HTML5, GIF or Flash. When composing the 360 view, users will choose output format, spin direction and rotation speed. All 360 products views include click-and-drag mouse control, dynamic image resizing on mobile devices and optimized download times.
360 Product View Types
Several types of HTML5 and Flash outputs can be created.
- Auto Play – Always spinning with click-and-drag mouse contro
- Spin Once – Spins once to get customer’s attention, then click-and-drag mouse control
- Static – This animation only moves when moved with mouse control
- Standard Viewer – Features play, pause, next frame and previous frame buttons. Users can select from 4 button styles or create their own (HTML5 only)
- Dual Animation – By moving an object as it rotates (ex. Camera view finder pop out as camera rotates)
- Magnifier – A magnifier can be added to any animation type to view the object at 3X magnification from any angle
- *Watermarked – Watermarks can be added to any animation type
- *Add Frames – Create hot spots in the 360 view that indicate additional information or movement
For each animation, the user has full control over the starting frame, rotation speed and spin direction.
Users are able to specify, set and save a sequence of images to be shot. Sequences can be re-used and utilize more than one Canon camera placed in different locations.
In addition to creating 360 product views, Photosimile 400 can also create 180, 120 and 90 degree product views. Users choose the number of pictures to capture over the spin rage selected.
Photosimile 400 is an incredible still shot and 360 photography machine with the following benefits:
- 42.8” x 41.5” x 96.5” Photography Studio for large object, mannequin and model photography
- Computer-controlled photography (PC and MAC) automates image capture and processingCreate Professional Still (JPG/RAW) and 360-Degree (HTML5, Flash) Results
- Captured images are automatically downloaded to your monitor screen for viewing, editing and saving
- Lighting, camera, turntable and saving settings can be memorized and re-used to obtain consistent, fast results time after time.
- Patented Symmetrical Lighting System
- Traditional and backlit lighting methods reduce or eliminate the need for image editing
- Consistent shadow-free, color accurate results
- Dimmable Lamp Control – High color rendering Daylight (6500K) lamps from front, rear, back and top
- Large real-time preview (See everything before you take it)
- Full camera control via software for Compatible Canon and Nikon SLR Cameras
- Embedded PhotoCapture 360M turntable - 22” Platform, 200 lbs. Capacity
- Create HTML5 and Flash 360 product animations with up to 360 frames
- Consistent Results - Achieve maximum consistently between shots with AfterImage feature
- Still Shot Magnifier Display still images up close
- 360 Magnifier View up close details inside 360 product views
- Multiple Camera Control - Control several Canon cameras simultaneously to enhance productivity
- Advanced Saving Mode – Use preset Profiles to save images in multiple sizes and formats with one-click
- Optimize Camera Settings then save them for reuse
- PNG Capabilities – Manual background removal and replacement with pure white or any other background
- Batch Editing – Batch apply the results of Levels, Curves and other editing tools
- Pre-crop – Save time by cropping images in the real-time preview before image capture
- Watermark and edit images individually or in a batch process
- Built-in background removal capabilities
- Quickly send images to any 3rd party editor such as Photoshop
- Fast production tool for large projects
- Annotate and Send - Take, annotate & send photos by email in seconds
- Long 15,000 hour lamp life - 8 extra lamps included
- Huge ROI
- Excellent craftsmanship, free technical support, one-year free software upgrades and one-year warranty
42.8" x 41.5" x 96.5"
Top - 243 lbs. (46" x 46" x 51")
Bottom - 411 lbs (46" x 46" x 62")
Maximum Target Size:
Digital Image Resolution:
Depends on Camera
Standard 110V (220V units available)
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, Intel only
- Windows® XP SP3 or higher
- Windows® Vista SP2 or higher
- Windows® 7
- (Administrator Account for Windows® XP/Vista/7)
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 running at 2 GHz or higher
- RAM: 2 GB or more
- VGA: DirectX 9.0c compatible video card, Min. 1024x768, True color
- Internet connection with active email account (optional)
- Min. 2 USB Ports, CD ROM drive
- 42.8" x 41.5" x 96.5" Photosimile 300 Aluminum Light Box
- Embedded PhotoCapture 360M Photography Turntable – 22” Platform, 200 lbs. Capacity
- Installation CD with Photosimile Software, Installation Guide and User Guide
- 8 - 7.5" PL tubes, 12 – 48” T8 tubes & 12 - 22.8" T8 tubes - (6,500K) Fluorescent
- 2 Back Lighting Panels
- Camera Mount Sponges (for top shooting)
- Top Shot Backgrounds (1 black, 1 white)
- 3 USB Cords, 110V Power Cord
- 1 White Turntable Cover
- 1 Black Turntable Cover
- Free Technical Support
- One Year Warranty and One Year Free Software Upgrades