Canon DSLR Camera Settings
For All Canon DSLR Cameras…
On all Canon cameras, set:
1. "Auto power off" to Off or Disable.
2. "Auto rotate" to Off or Disable.
3. Move camera dial to M for Manual Mode.
4. Scroll further to see if your camera requires additional settings
For the EOS Rebel T4i (650D) | EOS Rebel T5i (700D) | EOS Rebel T6i (750D) cameras
In the 4th Camera options setting menu, select “Continuous AF” and select “Disable“.
For the 5D Mark IV camera type:
2.Set your “AF Method” to “FlexiZoneAF□”
Rebel XT/350D, 20D and EOS 5D camera types:
Set the camera to ‘PC Connection’ mode. Go to the second Tools menu and set ‘Communication’ to ‘PC Connection’ as pictured below.
EOS 40D, 50D and 60D camera type:
In “LV func. setting“, select and enter “Stills only” or “Stills+movie“.
Select and set “Exposure simulation“. For the Canon EOS 40D:
Select C.Fn IV: Operation/Others In this menu select: C.Fn. IV-7 Live View Exposure Simulation and -1: Enable (Simulates Exposure)
For the Canon EOS 60D:
1. Go to the 4th camera menu
2. Scroll down to Expo. Simulation and Enable
Not Sure What You Need?
Let our sales team help you make an informed decision