If you’re in fashion photography, then you’ve stylized a mannequin before… put a pin here, fold the fabric there. It requires at least two people, time and an eye for every detail. However, in the fast paced world of ecommerce, the mannequin’s days may be numbered.
In an effort to ‘clean up’ their site and make the shopping experience more ‘consistent’, Amazon’s Clothing Style Guide, the guide that lists the rules regarding product photography on Amazon.com, clearly states that “Product images photographed on a mannequin” are prohibited. Furthermore, images must have a pure white background (hex color code #ffffff).
For multichannel merchants planning their photography strategy, knowing these rules from the beginning is important, because re-shooting is never a good option. For these reasons and more, companies have been adopting flat fashion photography solutions from Ortery Technologies. Shooting items on a flat surface with a ClothingPad or ClothingPad Mini offers the following benefits:
- Simple to Use
- High Speed Production Photography Solution
- Shoot Products on Pure White Backgrounds
- Automatic Transparent Backgrounds – AutoPNG
- Real-Time Preview
- High Consistency Between Shots and Over Time
- Computer Controlled Photography – Software Controls the Complete Workflow from Image Capture to Batch Saving
- Adjustable Camera Zoom, Distance and Location
- High Color Accuracy
- Reduces or Eliminates Extensive Editing in Photoshop